Chickpea and Spinach Salad Recipe
It’s the easiest salad to make and it is unbelievably good. It’s great as an aperitif or a side dish and you can also eat it in a pita bread. Try it and you won’t be sorry.
I got this surprising recipe from Hedva, a charming lady with a kosher catering business, who defines her expertise as “affordable gourmet”. I admit I was kind of skeptical – how tasty can a recipe that simple be?
On the other hand – so is hummus. So I tried and couldn’t believe how good it was.
It’s the ultimate salad – tasty, filling, healthy, great if you’re vegaterian or vegan, suitable for every occasion and kosher for all religions.
You should certainly try it.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 500g fresh spinach, chopped, coarsely chopped
- 250g cooked chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons oil + olive oil to sprinkle
- a handful of chopped parsley
Fry the onion shortly in a pan, than add the spinach and stir-fry on several minutes until it softens just a little. Add the cooked chickpeas and continue stirring for 3-4 minutes.
Remove from the stove and put in a bowl. Add the parsley and stir. Sprinkle some olive oil and serve hot or cold.
- The secret of the salad is in the texture – the onions and spinach should remain somewhat crunchy and the chickpeas should be soft.
- It is strongly advised to use dried chickpeas of the smallest variety. Soak and cook them like when making hummus (recipe), only with a shorter cooking time.
- The recipe works beautifully with red onions as well. They add a nice sweetness, and it’s great to make their cooking a bit shorter so they would ass to the crunchiness.
I CAN DO BETTEER ADD SHREDDED BEETROOT..BETROOOT TOPS COOK LIKE SPINACH ADD LEMON JUICE,CRUSHED GARLIC N ONE TABLE SPOON OF PLAIN YOGHURT TO OBTAIN CONSISTENCY ADD OIL N SALT TO TASTE